The Conference was held in Geneva on 9-10th June 2017 and jointly organized by Georgetown Law and the Graduate Institute, Geneva.
As recognized national experts in Trade&Customs (Ukraine) Nataliia Isakhanova and Olesia Kryvetska made a substantial contribution to the high-ranked discussion gathering leading experts in international trade law and policy from all over the world.
Widely considered one of the most important and prestigious conferences addressing developments in international trade law, the Annual Conference on WTO Law pursues cutting-edge topical issues of interest to academics and practitioners alike.
The 2017 Conference was hold with sessions taking place at the Geneva Graduate Institute (on Friday 9 June) and at the Headquarters of the WTO (on Saturday 10 June).
Sergii Koziakov & Partners was the only Ukrainian law firm whose experts participated in the event. The 17th Annual Conference on WTO Law covered the following sessions:
• Session 1. Round Table: The Globalization Backlash: Where Have Trade Agreements Failed and What Will or Should Next-Generation Trade Policy Look Like?
• Session 2. Round Table: Brexit and The Legal Consequences for Global Trade Relations: Considerations under UK & EU Law and WTO & FTA Agreements
• Session 3. Panel: Making Trade Dispute Settlement More Effective and Inclusive: Informal Reforms at the WTO and Alternative Hard and Soft Law Systems in and outside of the WTO
• Session 4. Panel: US Trade Policy under President Trump: Matters of WTO/FTA Compliance and What Does It Mean for the Rest of the World?
• Session 5. Panel: Free Trade Under Attack: Is a Radical Rethink of Trade and Investment Agreements Needed?
• Session 6. Panel: Developments in Trade Remedies Legislation & Jurisprudence: (China) Market Economy Status, Alternative Flexibilities & the bigger question of how to marry trade liberalization with varying degrees of “State Capitalism”