Andrii Pylypenko – attorney-at-law, specializes in international trade, antitrust/competition law, litigation/dispute settlement and arbitration.
In 2019, 2020 Sergii Koziakov & Partners recommended as leading firm in Competition and International trade by The Legal 500.
Following the research by The Legal 500 EMEA in 2020, it is noted that Andrii Pilipenko has broad experience in rendering legal services in the field of antitrust/competition law to Ukrainian and foreign companies.
Andrii is recognized as National expert in the area of Trade & Customs and Cartel Regulation by Getting the Deal Through.
– defending interests of the State of Ukraine in criminal case on murder of Italian journalist Andrea Rocсhelli (Italian Republic);
– defending interests of the State of Ukraine in the case of the return of “Scythian gold” (Kingdom of the Netherlands);
– defending interests of DTEK Energo LLC in the court case on invalidation of transactions, return and reclamation of shares;
– defending interests of the SDPSE Arsenal in courts of Ukraine as well as in ICAC at the Ukrainian CCI and in the ICAC at the CCI of the Russian Federation with the aggregate amount of disputes about USD 12 mln;
– defending interests of LLC “Eastern Beverage Trading” and LLC “Beverage Trading Company” in litigations regarding usage of trademarks of one of the most famous vodka (alcohol beverage) in Ukraine;
– representing Itron group (USA) during the investigation of the Antimonopoly committee of Ukraine of the case of abuse of dominance on markets of natural gas;
– advising HEINEKEN International B.V. on trade and competition law;
– representing major Ukrainian tobacco distributor in Ukrainian courts while challenging the Decision of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on abuse of dominance and imposition of fine in amount of UAH 421 mln;
– representing the State Enterprise “Ukrspirt” while challenging the Decision of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on abuse of dominance and imposition of fine in amount of UAH 33 million;
– representing Subsidiary enterprise “Lactalis-Ukraine” while challenging the Decision of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on unfair competition and imposition of fine in amount of UAH 34 million;
– defending interests of strategic enterprise of the chemical industry of Ukraine – Odessa Port Plant – in three unprecedented cases against the Antimonoly Committee of Ukraine, OJSC Togliattiazot (Russian Federation), SE Ukrhimtransammiak on alleged abuse of dominance. The AMCU’s investigation and merits of subsequent three cases covered the territory of CIS countries;
– representing FSLL “SOYUZ-KABEL” (the Republic of Belarus) during the safeguard investigation regarding the import into Ukraine of wires regardless of the country of origin and export;
– representing Polish manufacturer and exporter Euroglas Polska Z.o.o (Poland) and the Association of Window and Facade Market Participants (Ukraine) during the review of anti-dumping duties regarding the import of float glass originating from the Russian Federation, the Republic of Belarus and the Republic of Poland;
– representing Neochim PLC, Agropolychim AD, Grupa Azoty S.A. and its subsidiaries in safeguard investigation on import into Ukraine of some nitrogen fertilizers (in particular: ammonium nitrate and calcium-ammonium nitrate, urea and urea-ammonia mixture) regardless of the country of origin and export;
– representing Agropolychim AD, Grupa Azoty S.A. and its subsidiaries Compo Expert GmbH, Gdanskie Zaklady Nawozow Fosforowych “Fosfory” sp. z o. o. та Grupa Azoty Zakłady Chemiczne “Police” S.A., in safeguard investigation regarding the import into Ukraine of mineral fertilizers containing nitrogen and phosphorus and mineral fertilizers containing nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, regardless of the country of origin and export;
– advising the Chinese Commerce Association on trade and customs law.
– representing the interests of Ukrainian major energy holding company in the M&A project;
– efficient advising of one of the world’s leading car manufacturers on trade, customs and competition law.
- one of the authors of the Project “National Export Strategy and Action Plan for Ukraine for the period 2016-2020” (under request of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine and supported by the Western NIS Enterprise Fund);
- one of the authors of the proposals for the reform of the customs, currency legislation of Ukraine and the Law of Ukraine “On Foreign Economic Activity” (requested by the Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting).
Andrii Pylypenko is the author of numerous articles and comments published in periodicals “LIGA:ZAKON”, “Yurydychna gazeta”, ” Yurydycheskaya Praktika”, “Europeyska Pravda” on international trade, antitrust / competition law, judicial practice in the application of Ukrainian legislation.
Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, Institute of International Relations, International Law Department (English language master program “International trade regulation”, 2015).
Sergii Koziakov & Partners – Attorney Assistant (2015-2017).
Sergii Koziakov & Partners – Attorney-at-Law (2018-present).
Ukrainian, Russian, English.