Nataliia Isakhanova is a Partner of Sergii Koziakov & Partners with more than 20-year experience of legal practice specializing in International Trade Law, Antitrust & Competition Law, Corporate Law, Foreign Investments.
Nataliia Isakhanova is admitted to the Ukrainian Association of Lawyers and Ukrainian National Bar Association.
Nataliia Isakhanova has extensive experience representing the interests of foreign investors in major investment projects in manufacturing, oil-and-gas industry, commercial, agricultural and telecommunication sectors in Ukraine and abroad. Nataliia Isakhanova advises Ukrainian and foreign clients on various issues related to International Trade and WTO law, Antitrust & Competition Law, Corporate Law, Corporate Law, and Foreign Investments.
Nataliia Isakhanova was repeatedly invited as an independent expert. Upon the World Bank request, Nataliia Isakhanova participated in the working group composed of leading EU lawyers on preparation of the reports on conformity of Ukrainian legislation with the WTO standards and agreements under the WTO framework and developed recommendations on harmonization of Ukrainian legislation with the WTO standards and requirements related to the following issues: technical barriers to trade and licensing, development of the state program of support to agriculture and agro-food export-import regime in accordance with WTO requirements; analysis of the Ukrainian legislation which regulates services market and preparation of requests to the services market functioning and its implementation to acting legislation of Ukraine; analysis of the Ukrainian legislation of the intellectual property rights protection and its law enforcement; analysis of WTO prospective legislation in the context of issues regarded in the Doha Round framework. Nataliia Isakhanova participated in the working group on preparation of the National Export Strategy and Action Plan for Ukraine for the period of 2016-2020. These documents have been prepared with financial support from Western NIS Enterprise Fund on the request of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine. Nataliia Isakhanova took part in the project on elaboration of proposals on reforming the Customs and Currency legislation of Ukraine and on amendments of the Law “On Foreign Economic Activity” related to sanctions to economic operators (at the request of the Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting). Nataliia Isakhanova also developed amendments to the current Ukrainian trade defence legislation (the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine). Nataliia Isakhanova was invited as an independent expert in the National consultation process on the development of sectoral and cross-sectoral export strategies of Ukraine. Nataliia Isakhanova developed the Concept of the Ukrainian Center for Foreign Investment Promotion and gave recommendations regarding Legislative Acts on establishment and activity of the Ukrainian for Foreign Investment Promotion as part of the grant of the Government of the Netherlands.
Nataliia Isakhanova was an Adviser on Foreign Investments and Trade of the Government of the Autonomous Republic of Ajara (Georgia) from January 2009 to October 2012 (http://www.ajarainvest.ge/).
Nataliia Isakhanova was repeatedly elected a member of supervisory bodies of leading commercial bank with foreign investments in Ukraine.
Nataliia Isakhanova is a member of the Strategic Alliance for WTO and Trade Remedies Law and Practice (SAWTR) that gathers leading trade lawyers from different jurisdictions, including USA, EU and China. Mrs. Isakhanova is the fist and the only one SAWTR member from Ukraine.
It was emphasized that Nataliia Isakhanova is a key name for merger clearance matters, investigations and antitrust litigation in Sergii Koziakov & Partners in the sphere of Competition by The Legal 500 EMEA. Nataliia Isakhanova is ‘great at what she does – she knows the law and is comfortable with explaining it’.
Nataliia Isakhanova was elected as a Deputy Head of the Export-Import Committee of the Chinese Commercial Association.
Nataliia Isakhanova is recommended as an exclusive expert in the sphere of Trade & Customs in Ukraine by the Global Law Experts (GLE).
Nataliia Isakhanova is recognized as a National expert in the sphere of Trade & Customs and in the sphere of Competition Law (Cartel Regulation) by Getting The Deal Through.
Nataliia Isakhanova is recognized as an Expert in the sphere of International Trade and Competition & Antitrust by CorporateLiveWire.
Nataliia Isakhanova is recognized as one of the most successful women lawyers in the Ukrainian legal business by UKRAINIAN WOMEN IN LAW 2019 (Yurydychna Gazeta).
Nataliia Isakhanova is included into Top100 Best Lawyers of Ukraine according to Research of Yurydychna Gazeta (Legal Newspaper).
Nataliia Isakhanova is among the leaders of the following practices: Competition/Antitrust Law, International Trade, and Investments according to research of Yurydychna Gazeta (Legal Newspaper) «Client choice. TOP 100 Best Lawyers of Ukraine»
Nataliia Isakhanova authored numerous articles and publications on International Trade, Antitrust & Competition Law and Corporate Law published in Getting The Deal Through, CorporateLiveWire, “Legal Week”, “Legal newspaper”, “Legal practice”, etc. and in a collected book of research papers “Actual problem of international relations”; “State and Law” Yearbook of research papers by young scientists and in the international legal publications. Coauthor of plenty of educational and methodological materials for students of International law department, Kyiv National University, Institute of International Relations.
Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, Institute of International Relations, International Law Department, Master of International Law and English translator.
Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, Institute of International Relations, International Law Department, Ph.D. in International Law; dissertation “International Legal Regulation of Foreign Economic Relations Between Ukraine and CIS Countries”.
Languages: Ukrainian, Russian, English.
Representative Legal Matters:
- legal support of establishing of CHINESE COMMERCE ASSOCIATION in Kyiv. The main goal of the Association is to protect and defend the economic, social and other legitimate interests of its Members on the territory of Ukraine. The Founders of CHINESE COMMERCE ASSOCIATION became five Ukrainian legal entities among which LENOVO UKRAINE LLC, HUAWEI UKRAINE LLC and CCEC-UKRAINE LLC;
- legal support of the leading European industrial manufacturers in development of the dealer network in Ukraine. In particular, in the framework of the project dealer network has been structured as well as consulting in Competition, Corporate, International Trade Law and Customs Law has been provided;
- advising on tariff regulation of cars imported to Ukraine;
- advising on tariff and non-tariff regulation of import and export of solid waste;
- advising on the abolition of the use of antidumping measures in the Eurasian Economic Union in respect of rental equipment originated from Ukraine;
- advising on procedure of the dispute settlement procedure of the World Trade Organization.
- advising on various legal issues in Ukrainian-Chinese trade and economic relations;
- consulting regarding certification requirements of computer and mobile technology imported to Ukraine;
- legal assistance in obtaining merger clearance with the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine for the USD 2,91 billion acquisition of shares of Motorola Mobility Holdings LLC (Wilmington, USA) by Lenovo Group Limited (Hong Kong). Above mentioned transaction provided excess of 50% of the votes in the supreme governing body of Motorola Mobility Holdings LLC;
- representation of General Motors Company in the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on obtaining of the AMCU approval for purchasing assets of “Delphi Corporation” producing automobile units and spare parts, total amount of transaction exceeding USD 3.2 billion;
- representation of General Motors Company and Adam Opel GmbH in preparation and filing documents to the AMCU regarding the AMCU approval received by Magna International Inc. and Sberbank of Russia to purchase shares in the authorized capital of Adam Opel GmbH;
- representation of “Delphi Automotive LLP” in the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on obtaining [through “Delphi (UK) Holdings Limited” (London, the United Kingdom)] control over Radclive Holdings Limited (Buckingham, the United Kingdom) and its subsidiary company “Hartridge Limited” (Buckingham, the United Kingdom)”, total amount of transaction exceeding EUR 3, 22 billion;
- consulting support and practical assistance in documents preparation on behalf of General Motors Company on obtaining the AMCU permit for setting up a joint venture “GM PSA Purchasing” (Brussels, Belgium) by “PeugeotA.” (Paris, France) and “General Motors Holdings LLC” (Detroit, USA);
- consulting support and practical assistance in documents preparation on behalf of General Motors Company on obtaining the AMCU permit for the concerted practices in a form of joint development and production of vehicle segments and components by Peugeot S.A. (Paris, France) and General Motors Holdings LLC (Detroit, the USA);
- representing the interests of Budhouse Group Limited in the AMCU on obtaining the approval for acquisition of control over the group of Ukrainian and foreign business entities working in construction market and construction management in Ukraine;
- legal support of a leading Ukrainian agricultural holdings on assets restructuring including issues under the Antimonopoly Legislation;
- legal support of a leading Ukrainian energy holdings on assets restructuring including issues of the Antimonopoly Legislation;
- representation of “Steenord Corp” in the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine. The scope of the work included preparation and obtaining merger clearance. This transaction provided excess of 25% of the votes in the supreme governing body of “Agrokultura AB”;
- representing the interests of Ukrainian producers of medicines in the AMCU’s investigations of violation of legislation on protection of economic competition on the national market of medicines;
- legal support of acquisition of assets of the agricultural enterprises of the Amarant Group.
- preparation of the documents and obtaining the AMCU approval for purchasing shares of Ukrainian banks by natural persons and foreign banks;
- participation in preparation of tender documentation regarding signing of the agreement between the Government of Ukraine and Vanco Prykerchenska on oil and gas extraction on the Black Sea shelf;
- carrying out negotiations and providing legal support in acquisition of land plots and trade and warehouse premises construction of one of the largest Ukrainian food supermarket networks “MEGAMARKET”;
- developing documents, negotiating and providing legal support of entertainment centers construction in Ukraine;
- legal support of AVON Cosmetics Ukraine investments in development of its dealership network and in real estate units (Kyiv, Donetsk, Dnepropetrovsk, Odessa).