Nataliia Isakhanova is partner at “Sergii Koziakov & Partners” and has been practicing law for over 20 years, specializes in international trade, antitrust and competition law, corporate law, M&A, foreign investment, is a member of the Ukrainian Bar Association and member of the National Bar Association of Ukraine , leads the practice of international trade and the co-leads the practice of antitrust and competition law.
In 2019 major international ranking The Legal 500 EMEA noted that,
Nataliia Isakhanova is ‘great at what she does – she knows the law and is comfortable with explaining it‘ and is a key name for merger clearance matters, investigations and antitrust litigation. Hyundai Corporation and Odessa Port Plant are among the firm’s clients.”
In 2020 following The Legal 500 EMEA research it is stressed that “Nataliia Isakhanova and the team know both the law and the lore, who to talk to and what to say.” in the context of Antitrust/Competition.
‘They know both the law and the lore, the facts and the people, so they are able to provide correct but also useful advice,’ says a client about International trade team headed by partner Nataliia Isakhanova.
Other testimonials in The Legal 500 say that “Nataliia Isakhanova is great. She is a responsive, helpful and trusted adviser”, ‘The firm has a strong trade practice with leading experts.’, ‘Nataliia Isakhanova is well known – and appropriately so – within the market.’
Nataliia Isakhanova was included in the list of “TOP 100 – The best lawyers of Ukraine” according to the “Legal newspaper”, and is also recognized as one of the best lawyers of Ukraine in practices:
Nataliia Isakhanova has been recognized as one of the most succesful women-lawyers in Ukraine according to the Research UKRAINIAN WOMEN IN LAW 2019 by Legal Newspaper.
Nataliia Isakhanova is recognized as National expert in Trade & Customs and Cartel Regulation by Getting the Deal Through.
Global Law Expert (GLE) recommends Nataliia Isakhanova as key specialist in Trade/Customs.
CorporateLiveWire recognizes Nataliia Isakhanova as National expert in International Trade and Competition.
Nataliia Isakhanova has successful experience in representing foreign investors in large-scale projects in Ukraine and in foreign jurisdictions – in the industrial, oil and gas, trade, agricultural, telecommunications sectors. Natalya Isakhanova advises Ukrainian and foreign clients on various issues of international trade regulation and WTO law, on issues of antitrust law, corporate law and investment activities. Among her show cases are:
- representing Neochim PLC, Agropolychim AD, Grupa Azoty S.A. and its subsidiaries in safeguard investigation on import into Ukraine of some nitrogen fertilizers (in particular: ammonium nitrate and calcium-ammonium nitrate, urea and urea-ammonia mixture) regardless of the country of origin and export;
- representing Agropolychim AD, Grupa Azoty S.A. and its subsidiaries Compo Expert GmbH, Gdanskie Zaklady Nawozow Fosforowych “Fosfory” sp. z o. o. та Grupa Azoty Zakłady Chemiczne “Police” S.A., in safeguard investigation regarding the import into Ukraine of mineral fertilizers containing nitrogen and phosphorus and mineral fertilizers containing nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, regardless of the country of origin and export;
- legal support of “CHINESE COMMERCE ASSOCIATION” in Kyiv. The purpose of CHINESE COMMERCE ASSOCIATION is to protect and defend the economic, social and other legitimate interests of the Association’s members in Ukraine. The founders of CHINESE COMMERCE ASSOCIATION are five Ukrainian business entities, including LENOVO UKRAINE LLC, HUAWEI UKRAINE LLC and SSES-UKRAINE LLC;
- legal support of one of the leading European industrial manufacturers on the development of the dealer network in Ukraine. In particular, within the framework of the project, the dealer network was structured and consultations were provided on competition, international trade and customs law;
- advising on the requirements for certification of computer and mobile equipment when imported into Ukraine;
- advising on tariff regulation of car imports to the territory of Ukraine from the EU;
- advising on tariff and non-tariff regulation of import and export of solid waste;
- advising on cancellation of anti-dumping measures in force in the territory of the Eurasian Economic Union in respect of rolling equipment originating in Ukraine;
- advising on the procedure for challenging antidumping measures in the World Trade Organization;
- advising on various legal issues in the field of Ukrainian-Chinese trade and economic relations;
- Legal support of Lenovo Group Limited (Hong Kong) in the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine for obtaining a concentration permit through the acquisition of shares in Motorola Mobility Holdings LLC (Wilmington, USA), which provided more than 50 percent of the votes in the highest governing body, with total amount of transaction exceeding USD 2,9 bln.
- representing General Motors Company in the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on obtaining of the AMCU approval for purchasing of assets of «Delphi Corporation» producing automobile units and spare parts, total amount of transaction exceeding USD 3.2 bln.
- represented General Motors Company and Adam Opel GmbH on preparation and filing of documents to the AMCU as to the AMCU approval received by Magna International Inc. and Sberbank of Russia to purchase shares in the authorized capital of Adam Opel GmbH.
- represented «Delphi Automotive LLP» in the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on obtaining [through “Delphi (UK) Holdings Limited” (London, the United Kingdom)] control over Radclive Holdings Limited (Buckingham, the United Kingdom) and its subsidiary company “Hartridge Limited” (Buckingham, the United Kingdom)”, total amount of transaction exceeding EUR 3, 22 bln.
- consulting support and practical assistance in preparation of documents/information from General Motors Company regarding obtaining by Peugeot S.A. (Paris, France) and General Motors Holdings LLC (Detroit, USA) AMCU’s approval for creation a joint venture GM PSA Purchasing (Brussels, Belgium);
- consulting support and practical assistance in preparation of documents/information by General Motors Company on issues of obtaining permission from the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine by Peugeot S.A. (Paris, France) and General Motors Holdings LLC (Detroit, USA) for concerted actions in the form of joint development and production of car parts and components;
- represented the interests of Budhouse Group Limited in the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on obtaining the approval of acquisition of control over the group of Ukrainian and foreign businesses operating in construction market and construction management in Ukraine.
- legal support of one of the leading Ukrainian agro-industrial holdings on asset restructuring, including antitrust law;
- legal support of one of the leading Ukrainian energy holdings on asset restructuring, including antitrust law;
- Representation of Steenord Corp (Rhode Town, British Virgin Islands) in the AMCU for permission to acquire shares in Agrokultura AB (Stockholm, Sweden) in excess of 25 percent of the votes in the supreme governing body of the specified business entity;
- legal support of one of the largest wholesalers of medicines in Ukraine in the process of investigation by the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine of violations of the law on the protection of economic competition in the national medicines market;
- legal support for the acquisition of assets of agricultural enterprises in the interests of the group of companies “Amarant”;
- preparation of documents and obtaining permits from the AMCU for the acquisition by individuals and foreign banks of sets of shares of Ukrainian banks;
- participation in the preparation of tender documents for the conclusion of the Agreement on the development and distribution of gas production from the Prykerchensky part of the Continental shelf of the Black Sea with the Government of Ukraine;
- conducting negotiations and legal support of real estate transactions to create a network of food supermarkets “MEGAMARKET”;
- conducting negotiations, developing and supporting the construction of shopping and entertainment centers in Ukraine;
• legal support of AVON Cosmetics Ukraine investments in the development of the dealer network and real estate (Kyiv, Donetsk, Dnipropetrovsk, Odessa).
- collaboration with leading EU lawyers, under the request of the World Bank, in preparation of reports on analysis of compliance of Ukrainian legislation with WTO agreements and preparation of proposals for bringing Ukrainian legislation in line with WTO standards and requirements on the following topics: technical barriers to trade and licensing; development of the state program to support agriculture and export-import of food products in accordance with WTO standards; analysis of the current legislation of Ukraine regulating trade in services, preparation of relevant proposals on amendments to Ukrainian legislation; analysis of Ukrainian legislation on the protection of intellectual property rights and ensuring the implementation of such standards in order to bring them in line with the requirements of the WTO and developing proposals for harmonizing Ukrainian legislation on the protection of intellectual property rights according to WTO standards; analysis of WTO rules in the context of issues addressed by the Doha Round of negotiations;
- By request of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine, took part in the development of the draft National Export Strategy for the period 2016-2020 and Action plan for its implementation. The project was implemented in conjunction with one of the research institutes of Ukraine;
- Project to develop proposals for reforming the customs and currency legislation of Ukraine and amending the Law of Ukraine “On Foreign Economic Activity” regarding the application of special sanctions to foreign economic activity entities (as part of the USAID Leadership in Economic Management program);
- participated in a working group on the preparation of amendments to the current legislation of Ukraine in the field of trade protection (Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine);
- independent expert in the National Consultations on the Development of Sectoral and Cross-Sector Export Strategies of Ukraine;
• Adviser to the Government of the Autonomous Republic of Adjara (Georgia) on foreign investment and trade (http://www.ajarainvest.ge/).
Nataliia Isakhanova is the author of the Concept of the Ukrainian Center for Foreign Investment Promotion, as well as the relevant recommendations for regulatory support of the Center (grant from the Government of the Kingdom of the Netherlands).
Nataliia Isakhanova was elected for many years to the financial and economic control bodies of the Board of one of the leading commercial banks in Ukraine with foreign investment.
Natalia Isakhanova is a member of the Strategic Alliance for WTO and Trade Remedies law and practice. This international group brings together leading practitioners of trade law. The group includes lawyers / trade experts from Canada, China, Colombia, the EU, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, South Africa, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United States and Vietnam. Membership in the group is limited to one representative from each specified jurisdiction.
Natalia Isakhanova was elected as Deputy Chairman of the Committee on Export-Import Activities of the Chinese Commerce Association.
Natalia Isakhanova is the author of articles and commentaries published in periodicals “Getting The Deal Through”, “CorporateLiveWire”, “Legal Week”, “Legal Newspaper”, “Legal Practice” and others on international trade, competition law and corporate law. .
Natalia Isakhanova is the author of articles in collections of scientific works “Actual problems of international relations”; in the annual edition of scientific works of young scientists “State and Law”; in international annual publications. Natalia Isakhanova is also a co-author of a wide range of teaching materials for students of the Faculty of International Law of the Institute of International Relations, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv.
Master’s degree in law and an English translator from the Institute of International Relations of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv.
After graduating from graduate school, Natalia Isakhanova defended her dissertation and received the title of Candidate of Law. Dissertation topic: “International legal regulation of foreign economic relations of Ukraine with the CIS member states”.
Languages: Ukrainian, Russian, English.