Mykola Podpalov is a Partner of Sergii Koziakov & Partners Law Firm and has more than 20- year experience specializing in Antitrust & Competition Law, Corporate Law, Litigation, Financial Credit Instruments, Privatization.
Mykola Podpalov is admitted to the Ukrainian Association of Lawyers and Ukrainian National Bar Association.
Mykola Podpalov was repeatedly recognized as one of the leading lawyers in Ukraine by the Ukrainian and International legal editions, namely: Chambers GLOBAL, Chambers EUROPE, The PLC WHICH LAWYER Yearbook, The International Who`s Who of Business Lawyers, “Ukrainian Law Firm” (a Handbook for foreign clients), “Client’s Choice. Top 100 of best lawyers of Ukraine”. According to the results of National Professional Research of the Quality of Legal Services provided by Ukrainian Lawyers “Client’s Choice” held under the auspices of Weekly Professional Legal Publication “Yuridichna Gazeta” Mykola Podpalov ranks one of 100 best lawyers of Ukraine and is recognized as one of the leading lawyer of Ukraine in antitrust (competition) law in 2010 and recommended by clients as a highly qualified specialist in 2011. For outstanding professional achievements Mykola Podpalov was honoured a Legal Award in 2010 as a Best Lawyer in Competition law by the Weekly Newspaper of Ukrainian Lawyers “Legal Practice”. Mykola Podpalov has been nominated for a Legal Award in 2013 as a Best Lawyer in Competition law by the Weekly Newspaper of Ukrainian Lawyers “Legal Practice”.
Pursuant to the research “TOP-250: Best Lawyers through colleagues’ eyes in legal practice 2012/2013” (“Legal Newspaper”) Mykola Podpalov joined the ranks of 14 the most recommended lawyers in Antitrust (Competition) Law. Research “TOP-250: Best Lawyers through colleagues’ eyes in legal practice 2012/2013” reflects the opinion of 150 Ukrainian law firms and contains information about the most competent representatives of the legal services.
Mykola Podpalov was recognized as one of the leaders of the practice “Antitrust (competition)” according to the research “Client’s Choice. TOP 100 Lawyers of Ukraine – 2018» by Ukrainian media “Legal Newspaper”.
Sergii Koziakov & Partners was ranked in “The Legal 500 EMEA – 2019 (Ukraine)” for Competition.
Mykola Podpalov was recognized as a leading lawyer in the practice of antitrust law by the international rating Best Lawyers 2020.
Mykola Podpalov is an author of numerous articles in Ukrainian legal publications.
Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, Law Department, Master of International Law.
Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, Institute of International Relations, International Relations Department, Master of International Relations.
Educational program of the Agency for International Development of the Government of the USA in cooperation with other Governments, Technical cooperation program “NGO Development”, 1996.
Languages: Ukrainian, Russian, German.
Some representative Legal Matters:
Mykola Podpalov has an extensive experience of representing interests of Ukrainian and foreign clients in more than 200 economic, civil and administrative court cases. Mykola Podpalov has about 20 years experience of representing the interests of client in the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine. Mykola Podpalov:
- represented «Optima-Farm» the company in the AMCU’s investigations of violation of legislation on protection of economic competition on the national market of medicine.
- represented OJSC «Farmak» in the AMCU’s investigations of violation of legislation on protection of economic competition on the national market of medicine.
- represented OJSC «Farmak» in the AMCU’s case on the unfair competition of «Sanofi Aventis Group» (France) regarding discrediting a market participant.
- represented «AE Nibulon» Ltd in the AMCU in respect of violation of legislation on economic competition, abuse of dominant position by the Ministry of transport of Ukraine and Nikolaevskiy seaport.
- represented General Motors Company in the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on obtaining of the AMCU approval for purchasing of assets of «Delphi Corporation» producing automobile units and spare parts, total amount of transaction exceeding USD 3.2 bln.
- represented General Motors Company and Adam Opel GmbH on preparation and filing of documents to the AMCU as to the AMCU approval received by Magna International Inc. and Sberbank of Russia to purchase shares in the authorized capital of Adam Opel GmbH.
- represented «Delphi Automotive LLP» in the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on obtaining [through “Delphi (UK) Holdings Limited” (London, the United Kingdom)] control over Radclive Holdings Limited (Buckingham, the United Kingdom) and its subsidiary company “Hartridge Limited” (Buckingham, the United Kingdom)”, total amount of transaction exceeding EUR 3, 22 bln.
- represented the interests of Budhouse Group Limited in the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on obtaining the approval of acquisition of control over the group of Ukrainian and foreign businesses operating in construction market and construction management in Ukraine.
- legal support of a leading Ukrainian energy holdings on restructuring of its assets including Antimonopoly Legislation issues.
- preparation of the documents and obtaining the AMCU approval for purchasing shares of Ukrainian banks by natural persons and foreign banks.
- representing the State Enterprise “Ukrspirt” while challenging the Decision of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on abuse of dominance and imposition of fine in amount of UAH 33 million;
- representing Subsidiary enterprise “Lactalis-Ukraine” while challenging the Decision of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on unfair competition and imposition of fine in amount of UAH 34 million;
- representing strategic enterprise of the chemical industry of Ukraine – Odessa Port Plant – in three unprecedented antimonopoly cases covering territory of CIS countries;
- representing the interests of Ukrainian company-tobacco distributor while challenging the biggest penalty in the history of the Antimonopoly committee of Ukraine – about UAH 0.5 bln;
- representing “National Nuclear Energy Generating Company “Energoatom” during the investigation held by the Antimonopoly committee of Ukraine;
Mykola Podpalov renders consulting and practical support in privatization of state property, setting up of joint ventures. He participated in more than 40 projects on sale of state property, blocks of shares and corporation, establishment of joint ventures with state enterprises.
During many years Mykola Podpalov renders consulting and practical support on establishing and state registration of public associations and charitable organizations to include Public Association «European Business Association», Public Association «Fulbright Association», «The Fund of Assistance to the Institute of International Relations», «The Fund of Valeriy Vasilievich Lobanovskiy”, «The Creative Center «Counterpart», «The Fund of Development of Transplantology and Gene Therapy» and many others.